“Life is so short and we’re not here for very long. Figure out the one thing that drives and propels you. The other things you can delegate — you should let them go.” – Kara Candler
A native to Asheville, NC, Kara Candler founded Tick Tock Concierge in 2013, after leaving her corporate job in pursuit of being her own boss. In this episode we talk with Kara about how she got started and grew her luxury concierge business, as well as why she believes time is the most important asset we have.
Here’s What You’ll Learn:
- Kara’s story: how she left her corporate job to leap into the world of entrepreneurship
- The logistical tools Kara uses to plan and communicate with her employees and clients
- Two hilarious, “off-the-wall” projects Kara has been hired to do
- How Kara utilizes social media and why Instagram is such an important branding tool for her business
- Tony and Kara geek out on newsletter strategy and talk about why this is one of the most valuable tools for communicating with clients
- Why personal touches matter
- Kara’s favorite things to do in Asheville
- Kara’s favorite books and topics to read about
Tick Tock Concierge
Kara’s company, Tick Tock Concierge, provides luxury, bespoke personal concierge services to individuals, families, and businesses located in Asheville, Charleston, and other cities throughout the southeast. Their services range from handling everyday tasks, like grocery shopping and errand running, to planning every last detail of a special birthday party or picnic.
Kara’s Favorite Things to Do in Asheville
LaZoom Comedy Tours
Grove Park Inn for a cocktail at sunset
5 Walnut Wine Bar
Smoky Park Supper Club
District Wine Bar
Bull & Beggar
Foothills (for some of the best burgers in town)
Metro Wines for buying delicious red wines for herself and ordering the perfect wines for her clients. Fun fact: They deliver for free throughout Asheville!
For Brunch: Rhubarb or sitting on the patio at Posana
Hiking: Craggy Gardens, Black Balsam Knob. Kara also recommends checking out Explore Asheville’s hiking guides, which has different trails ranked by difficulty.
Kara’s Favorite Bottle of Red:
Napa Valley Cabernet by Burly – “It’s like drinking velvet.”
To recommend an interviewee, visit MakingItInAsheville.com/podcast