“It’s really beautiful to allow people to step outside of their day-to-day hustle to take time to slow down, recognize beauty all around them and connect with their bodies and breath.” – Sue Ann Fisher
In this podcast episode, we sit down and chat with the two lovely ladies behind Asheville Wellness Tours: Sue Ann Fisher and Nicole Will.
Here’s What You’ll Learn:
- How Asheville Wellness Tours got its start and how the company’s offerings have evolved since then
- Why we loved the Yoga Hike and how it’s different from a traditional yoga class
- Nicole tells us more about Wildnerness Therapy and how it works
- We talk briefly on the history of wellness in Asheville
- Sue Ann and Nicole also share with us some of their favorite wellness spots in town
- Key business decisions Sue Ann and Nicole made while building their business, including profit strategy, partnership outreach, and marketing efforts, plus the lessons learned from them
- Sue Ann and Nicole share some details on their own wellness practices
- Sue Ann and Nicole give us the inside scoop on some of their favorite places to hang out at in Asheville
Giveaway: Group Yoga on the Mountain Hike
Asheville Wellness Tours has generously offered to give away one free Yoga on the Mountain Hike for a private group of up to 10 people. Grab your best buds and enter for your chance to win a relaxing, breathtaking unique Asheville experience.* Giveaway is open from October 1 through 14, 11:59 p.m. EST. Winners will be randomly selected and announced via email. You can only enter once. (but since this is a group activity, we suggest getting all your friends to enter, too!)
The two of us attended a sunset Yoga on the Mountain Hike with the Asheville Wellness Tours gang not too long ago and it was truly an incredible experience. We took a short, leisurely hike through a lush forest filled with ferns and plenty of shade. Once we made it to the top fo the mountain, the sun was on its way down, casting purple-pink hues across the horizon. We laid down on our mats as our instructor Sue Ann led us through a relaxing yoga flow. Did we mention there were cows? Yes, cows! We did yoga with the cows! All we can say is this: even if you don’t with his giveaway, we highly recommend this wellness experience.
*Please note that using the hike voucher will expire on October 1, 2020, and 1-week advance registration is required.
Asheville Wellness Tours curates experiences, custom itineraries, and adventures with a wellness twist. Think: Yoga Hikes, Group Tarot Card Readings, Mobile Massages, and Downtown Walking Tours (with yoga in between stops). Connect with them on their website, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
Some of the business resources mentioned during this episode include the Asheville CVB (Convention and Visitor Bureau) and Mountain Biz Works classes. Sue Ann and Nicole also mentioned that they are currently working on re-doing their website with a local company called Yonderday.
Sue Ann’s daily wellness routine includes an hour-long sitting meditation, Vijana Yoga and Pranayama Breathing.
Nicole’s wellness practice includes eating chocolate chip cookies warm from the oven, drinking Malbec red wine, along with attending a silent meditation retreat and the Grove Park Inn Spa at least twice a year. She also enjoys walking along the Mountain to Sea trail near her home.
Sue Ann and Nicoles’ Favorite Place to Go in Asheville
- Zambra – “Farm-to-table tapas, definitely get the gnocchi while you’re there.”
- Red Ginger– “Let the server guide your ordering experience.”
- OWL Bakery
- Chai Pani
- Hole Doughnuts
- Taco Billy
- All Souls Pizza
“Think about this: a plain donut from Hole. Fresh. Hot. Cut in half with a Lil’ Sister taco stuffed in between.”-Sue Ann
- White Labs Pizza
- Limones for brunch
- High Climate Tea – “Like a cocktail bar but for tea”
- Dobra Tea House – “Dark, cozy, hug of a place”
- Asheville Salt Cave – “An enriched microclimate, all you have to do is relax. It’s filled with pink Himalayan salt. It’s kind of like sitting next to the ocean.”
- Essential Oil Archetype Readings – “It’s like a tarot reading, only with scent.”
- Bada Bastu – Hot-cold therapy spa
- Charlie’s Bunion – “The coolest hike in the Smokies that’s a day’s drive from Asheville”
Music by Commonwealth Choir
Curious to learn more about what we do?
Making It in Asheville is a podcast where we go behind the scenes with artists, creatives, and entrepreneurs in Asheville. We learn about what they’re making and how they’re making it in Asheville.
Making It in Asheville is powered by Making It Creative, our boutique marketing and business consulting agency. We help passionate small business owners build and improve their sales and communication strategies. Learn more here.
Show us some love, will ya?
To recommend an interviewee, visit MakingItInAsheville.com/podcast